Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 1 in San Diego.

So I'm here, finally made it in last night around 9. It's really awesome here and I love it. Thanks to everyone who helped support my trip and keeping up with me.
I spent all morning and some of the afternoon looking for a job out here. I think I may have a few good leads, but jobs seems pretty scarce right now with the economy how it is, along with our limited times we can work. So hopefully it'll work out for me, so pray about that for me if you can!

After the job search, one of the guys I'm with brought some long boards so we got to ride up and down the coast on the paths on them which was awesome. The even better part was we got to meet this street performer type guy. We rode by and saw he all a bunch of signs with different verses and sayings like "Jesus loves you", among others. He was out there with a keyboard getting ready to sing. My mind is set on this whole evangelistic thing for the summer and I've always wanted to talk to these type of people, so I did. He was really interesting. He is from Argentina and moved here I think in '87 and became a Christian. He's been coming to this spot on the beach for about a year, every Saturday. He went on to tell us stories about how some people have yelled at him telling him he's crazy and should leave, then they come back a few weeks later and apologize and have changed lives. He shared about how he can see people's lives changing is different ways through what he does. It was really good to see how one of these guys really has a big impact on the people out there. I told him that I play music as well so he invited me to come out and play sometime, and I'm really excited about it, so hopefully you can read about me doing that sometime in the next couple of weeks.

So it hasn't really hit me yet that their will be 120 other people coming in on Monday. It's going to be a lot of confusion chaos, but I know it's going to be amazing. I've just been praying that I will be able to do my part and contribute to our ministry team here. I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment