Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's started

I'll keep this short for now and try to elaborate in the morning or sometime because I am really tired. The last two days have been really busy and really long. Yesterday was full of meeting all the the 120+ people that were getting here and getting a know some. We met our growth teams, basically our small group for the summer and today we got to hang out with them. Our group spent the day going to look out at Coranado Island, Sunset Cliffs, downtown SD, and the pier on the beach here. We all shared our life stories with each other, the things in the past that have made us who we are today. It was so amazing to get to listen to my groups life stories and see how they have similar struggles in life, and to see some of the other struggles other people go through and help them with problems.

Tomorrow is more job hunting and meeting followed by some time that we get to go out on the beach and share with people we meet. I know everyone is nervous but it's going to be great so I'm not too worried with it. Hopefully it'll be a better day that I hope it will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment