Saturday, June 20, 2009

So this week has definitely been an interesting one! Monday I continued my job search because I'm still without a job... Tuesday was our first day to go to campus to share our faith, I went to San Diego State University, SDSU. It was really interesting because I talked to a few people who really didn't know who Jesus is and much about God in general, it's weird since I live in the bible belt and everyone has heard God. So it was really awesome to get to explain to them who He is and how He's changed my life. I also co-led the Bible study we hosted on Tuesday on campus. It was my first time to lead one so it was really exciting but sort of tough. We went through Hebrews 3 and 4 which is about finding rest in God, referring to Moses leading the many out of captivity. The rest of the week has been job searching and calling the places back, without any luck. The nights have pretty much been filled with outreaches on the beach. I've met some pretty cool people and got the chance to share what I believe with them. The other night I met a 20 year old guy who's here in the navy. He of course was cussing some here and there and we definitely got to him some, and hopefully got him thinking about God some more, he seemed pretty interested, and he said he's gonna try to come to our Friday night praise and worship next week, so hopefully he does.

A few days ago I realized I got a bite on my finger. it has now turned into my whole hand being swollen up and looking gross. I'll try to skip some of the real details but I had to go to the doctor today and get it checked out and get some antibiotics for it. It's a pretty limiting sore, I can't really even put my hand in my pocket because it's fat and hurts. So hopefully that will go away soon, because it's no fun at all...

I'm gonna try to keep up with posts on here more often than I have. I've been somewhat busy and have had a lot going on in my mind and it's hard to type clear thoughts so I've just been avoiding it, but hopefully things will start working out better! I am still looking for a job and am still short on support as of right now, so pray for both of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment